Thursday, July 12, 2007

Sick Kids and Harry Potter


I have been waiting for the next Harry Potter movie to come out for a very long time. My brother, sisters, and I have made a tradition to see the movies at the midnight showings in Burley. My dad had to be at the farm by 5 am so he wasn't going to come with us and he would just watch the girls while I went. Well, my Mom bought the tickets for Tuesday night at midnight and we were set. I would leave for Burley around nine as soon as I got done teaching the scrapbook enrichment group at church. Well, the plan was going along great until three people showed up to start their page at 8:30. They happen to be the ones that talk the whole time and their page takes forever to finish.(I still love them though!) They finished in an hour which was good, I wasn't too behind schedule. I arrived home to find Kamrin fast asleep on the couch. Even better I thought, she was already asleep. I would just have to move her when I got to my parents house. I went to find Josh to tell him that we were leaving and he told me that Kamrin fell asleep at 5:00 after I left for dance practice. Well I was pretty sure that if she fell asleep at 5 that she would not sleep through the night and my dad could not get up with her and still be to work so early in the morning. I called my mom and told her to she if one of the girls could find a friend to go in my place. Well, I decided to move Kamrin to her bed and put on some PJ's. Halfway to her room she threw up all over me, the floor, and the wall. Well, now I understood why she was so tired. She was sick. Harry Potter would have to wait! I am sooo glad that those ladies showed up late. If they had been on time I might have made it into the car halfway to Burley before she got sick and that could have been much worse. I have tickets to the 8 o'clock show here in Twin tonight. I had mutual last night and we went rafting in Hagerman, so I couldn't even make it to the late, late show last night. I have not read the newspaper, watched anything on television, or the Internet that would let me know if it's good or bad. I am sooo excited to go tonight.

2 comments:

Karisa said...

The sacrifices moms make. I hope Karmin is feeling better. I don't know how you can stay awake through the late night showings. Tell me more about this Scrapbooking enrichment. Is it digital?

Heather said...

We've done the Scrapbook "focus group" for about a year. The people that were doing it hadn't scrapbooked before so we started slow. They've come a long way and I am trying to find a way to do at least a digital workshop, but there are 40-50 people who come each month and I'm not sure how to make that work. Any ideas would be great...