Friday, May 16, 2008

I found this the other day while going through boxes of pictures. This is a picture of my grandpa pulling me and my sister. We used to do so many fun things with my grandpa. Now, he lives pretty far away and we only get to see him a few times a year. I'm so glad that we have photographs like this to help us remember the good times in life.
Ironically, my grandpa had to have a difficult surgery earlier this week. Some complications occurred during the operation and it made me realize how fragile life really is. Thankfully, everything has turned out okay and he is doing much better .This has made me think about how I have at times taken advantage of the fact that I have all of my grandparents still and we are pretty close for the most part. I am glad that I have these good memories of my grandparents because they have helped to make me who I am. I have had the opportunity to do some pretty neat things with my grandparents and I only hope that my kids can have the same opportunities with their own grandparents.

No comments: