Sunday, February 17, 2008

So you want to be a Golden Girl.......

The dance team at CSI is called the Golden Girls. Odd name, I know. While I was there about 8 years ago we tried to get it changed, obviously with no luck, considering that is what it is still called. We got made fun of every time that we traveled to a new place. It would probably be okay if it wasn't for the fact that the television sitcom "The Golden Girls" is about women much older that us and that is what we were associated with each time the announcer introduced us onto the basketball floor. Oh, well tradition is tradition...

I got a call earlier this week that CSI was doing a Mini Golden Girl fund raiser. It was a small camp where kids 6-12 could be a golden girl for a day. They got to do everything from performing at halftime and time outs, to practicing, and introducing the team. They spent the whole afternoon on the basketball floor with them at the girls and boys games vs. Snow college after a two hour practice. This year is the first year that Kels has been old enough to participate. She was excited and had a ton of fun. They definitely wore her out!



(The video has people standing and walking in front of me at times, it's the best I could get.)

5 comments:

Brandi said...

YAY Kelsie...you did such a great job!!! I wish Kenners could have done it with you :( You look adorable!

Walker Family said...

Great job Kelsie!!! You make CSI proud!!!!! You looked so adorable in that outfit... I am sure mom, dad, sis, and brother were so proud of you!!! Go mini Golden Girl!!!!

Laurie said...

Kelsie is so cute! She did such a great job!

Laurie said...

Hey Heather, I just noticed that you have the Burley website on your page. Okay, so Sara Bowen's older brother Tom is married to my sister Melanie. So I know Sara. Thought I'd let you know, not sure why I thought you'd care but anyways, have a great day!

Brandi said...

You better believe it...we can get a big Twilight lovin' group together...with no hubbies! ABSOLUTELY NO HUBBIES! (Can you just imagine how bad Josh and Miller would ruin it for us...they would be making fun the whole time)