Tuesday, July 26, 2011

{Mango Salsa Salads}







I absolutely hate turning on the stove and cooking in the summer. So, I try to find as many recipes that I can that use the grill. This week in my bountiful basket there were a lot of mangoes, so I decided to make salsa and a friend suggested a salad would be good. So I used my lettuce also from bountiful baskets....marinated chicken in lowrys mesquite with lime marinade, grilled them and topped the salads off with the mango salsa a little cheese and homemade fiesta ranch.



Mango Salsa
1 1/2 cups diced mango
1/2 cup diced onion
1 teaspoon white sugar
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1 tablespoon cider vinegar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 can black beans, drained
Stir the tomatoes, mango, onion, sugar, cilantro, black beans, lime juice, cider vinegar, salt, pepper, and garlic together in a bowl; refrigerate 1 hour before serving.


Fiesta Ranch

Make homemade ranch with a packet. Add 1 cup salsa to the ranch and blend in the blender.

So many flavors and oh so delicious!!

No comments: