Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Road Trip!!

My sister moved to Alberta, Canada about a year ago and we have only seen her a few times since then. She had a baby about a month ago and decided to bless her this past weekend. My parents and younger siblings decided they were going and so I also decided to go. So, my kids, my brother, and a sister all drove a car up there. We decided to drive through the night so that my kids would sleep for the 920 mile drive. We made it with no problems after about 14 hrs in the car. The girls were excited to see their cousins that they haven't seen for awhile and meet their new cousin.



It was so weird to see no mountains, it is so flat there...




My mom made Faylee's dress and it turned out super nice. she worked so hard for it to turn out nice. We found a cute little pair of shoes at Babies R'Us and made her a headband.




We left Cris's house around 4:30 in the morning to head home. We put the kids in the car asleep and headed out. About 3 hrs later they were awake and we got them dressed and continued home. I pulled in the driveway at about 9:45 pm that night. My kids were so good..I am so proud of them. We made it home without too many problems!


Pictures at the border:



Some Serious Bedhead:


More pictures at the border:




4 comments:

Karisa said...

What an accomplishment, 3 kids in the car for 14 hours! Your Mom did a great job on the dress. It looks like a good trip.

Laurie said...

What a long trip. How fun to see your sister though. Family really is everything. Looks like a fun time and cute pictures.

Brandi said...

Oh my heck...she looks soooooo much like Wayne!!! Do you agree? I can't believe how big Kyler is getting...adorable kiddies! Miss you guys :(

Walker Family said...

Thanks you are the best! What a fun trip! Wow Chris and Wayne got a cute little girl there has well as two handsome boys! Glad to see the kids school photo's! They all are getting so big I just love to see how much they love each other!!!