Wednesday, December 24, 2008

{Christmas Time Chaos}

It seems like the past few weeks have been crazy around here!! Last week I had three basketball games that the dance team danced at. After the last one, on Wednesday, Kyler was breathing really heavy. Of course it's 9 pm and the doctors office is closed. It was much worse than usual though so we headed for the ER. 6 and a half hours later we are home. Kyler had pneumonia and they had to give him breathing treatments and shots of anti biotic. So, we stay inside for about 5 days. This put me behind finishing Christmas shopping. I finally caught up and got everything finished though. We were supposed to take Kyler to an appointment in Salt Lake before we head to the doctors in Iowa, but the roads have been closed due to bad weather so we stayed here instead. I was able to finally send my Christmas cards today, better late than never. Especially this year..... I am glad that we aren't going anywhere this year and can finally just relax and enjoy this time of the year. I have been thinking about all of the things I love about this time of the year. So, here are a just a few....
1. Bobs peppermint melt in your mouth puffy things ( Not sure what they're really called!!)
2. Sugar cookies
3. The song "O Holy Night"
4. The chocolate truffles from Costco....
5. Watching my kids get accited about giving to others.
6. Receiving Christmas cards
7. Harry & David pears....(A subcontractor that we've used for years always sends a box and they are so, so good!!)
8. The Salt City Christmas Trimmings Candle

So, what are some of your favorite things about Christmas??

1 comment:

Mary Jane said...

Merry Christmas! I'm glad you finally got caught up. I hope you're enjoying your Christmas day. Our kids didn't get up until 7 am so I'm feeling pretty good! :) You said you are taking Kyler to Iowa. I'm really out of the loop because I don't know why? Do you mind sharing? I hope he's feeling better after his breathing treatments and shots. Take care... ho ho ho!